Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sometimes you've got to rest

We were supposed to be up early to make it to a 5K this morning. It was part of the Transplant Games. We didn't make it. It was a harsh night with TJ and I decided at 5AM that he really needed to sleep, not get drug off to a race that really doesn't mean a thing to him.

He's missing Randy, so am I but we've got to get this house done. TJ doesn't understand that Daddy needs to work. He just knows he misses him and wants to see him.

Last night Randy didn't make it home before TJ had to go to bed. Now bed times have begun to be rough for us anyways, but last without Daddy to hug... F O R G E T I T ! ! !

We tried to call him, but guess what, no answer. Leaving a message wasn't going to cut it either. TJ wanted his Daddy now.

I ended up putting him in the car and starting off for our house, this was per TJ's request. He needed to hug Daddy, nothing else was going to do it. He flipped for 45 minutes before I just said eff it, we'll go find him, and into the car we went.

I thought at least the ride will put him to sleep. Nope, this kid was so excited to be going to find his daddy he jabbered the whole time. We eneded up passing Randy his way home so I turned around.

We walked in to Daddy in the kitchen and this kid just melts on him. He misses his Daddy.

He didn't sleep well. I thought all that crying would've put him out, nope. He fell asleep around 11:30, was back up at 1:00 AM, needing to see Daddy, 2:00 AM and one last time at 2:30AM. It was at that point I kinda knew we weren't going to make it to the race. WHen my alarm went off at 5:00 AM, I said the heck with it, my child needs rest. I couldn't even imagine what he would've been like today if we had got him up.

So tomorrow is Track & Field. We need ot be at CMU at 8:45 AM. Hopefully he'll have fun. Hopefully we'll have fun. Hopefully it won't be to hot & humid. Hopefully he won't get sick.

No comments: